Photographer: Panos Davios (10AM)
Styling: Sofia Tsakiri
Words Eleni Papaioannou
Whether you blame it on the island background or our eternal affinity with the color, blue is the warmest choice for a monochrome afternoon look.
Taking the fashion trends by storm, it is safe to say that blue has been one of the key players of the season. From deep indigo and dark denim to pale baby blues and flashy turquoise, it certainly made its mark in trousers, blazers and shirts, even shoes and pocket squares, creating instant classics out of everyday outfits.
The look we are posting here today is probably our favorite way to use the color to your advantage, by creating a total outfit that, instead of looking like a uniform, works as a distinctive, intelligent way of making your mark in the field of stylish outings by the sea, impromptu downtown meetings or casual summer strolls, you know, the ones that usually end up with cocktails and laughter.
THE BLUE RULE
· The pieces of your outfit do not need to color match, you can choose different shades of blue to create a versatile and wavy result.
· Your shoes and belt need to be quiet but useful, discreet but assured.
· Since you need to show some skin, in order for this totally blue look to have a bit of outlet, make sure your trousers allow for some ankle – flashing and your shirt is casually open.
· It is always interesting to create a second level to your look. For example, what we did here was to play hooky with the austerity of monochrome, by choosing to wear a pair of perforated shoes together with a perforated belt. Nice, huh?
THE OUTFIT, WHERE TO BUY
· Linen Regular Fit Shirt, Cotton Slim Fit Trousers And Perforated Suede Slip On Shoes All By Lacoste, Available At Notos galleries. · Straw Hat By Barbour And Leather perforated Belt By Gant, Both Available At Notos galleries. · Automatic Stainless Steel Self-Winding Watch With Black Rubber Strap From the Collection “AquaTimer Chronograph” By IWC, Available At http://www.iwc.com/en/retail/.