GROOM WITH A VIEW
GROOM WITH A VIEW
Styling: Harris Davlas
Photographer: Panos Davios
Words by Eleni Papaioannou
Today I dress in made to measure and head for a unique grooming session. Custom made is the future!
When Giannis Sakellarakis visualized the creation of DON Barber & Groom, it was as if our minds met! His passion and love for men’s care and the evolution of men’s beauty helped him conclude to the precise principles and the philosophy that he wished could be served at DON Barber & Groom.So, in the summer of 2012, DON Barber & Groom opened at the center of Athens. The first time I stepped in, I could feel the glamour of old Athens brought in the present time and I knew I was visiting a place where grooming was taken seriously. I was hooked!Since then, I am, as they say, a regular. My personal ritual is having a haircut, shaving with a slitter, and enjoying a nice manicure. Whenever I have more time on my hands, or just want to pamper myself, I indulge in a specialized facial treatment or enjoy a hot stone massage.
I asked Giannis to give us some words of grooming wisdom and here is what he said:
• “Prepare your skin for the winter cold by using a proper moisturizing cream that will keep it hydrated and smooth. I would definitely go for one of the Elemis products!”
• “What are the latest trends? Medium length hair, in classic haircuts, and trimmed beards. A light hair product with a matte finish and a hydrating beard conditioning are necessary.”
• “My three basic rules for being impeccable from top-to-toe: 1.Freshly washed and properly cut hair. 2. Facial hair groomed according to what matches your face features. 3. Clean nails and conditioned hands.”
• “Winter grooming calls for longer hair that the summer, in order to offer harmony to your total look.”
• “Visit a barber shop to discover what is the best shape for your haircut and beard. Trust your barber, he knows!”
DON BARBER AND GROOM
Address: 23 AMERIKIS STR, KOLONAKI
Tel: +30 210 3617507
MADE TO MEASURE (ME)
Of course I would not visit my favorite barber shop without looking my best. So, I relied on a classic. After 77 years of specializing in men’s business & formal wear, the House of Vardas decided to integrate a Made To Measure choice for their customers to build their unique suit from scratch, with the help of their experienced salesmen. Slim or regular fit, two button suits, two 1/2 button, single button blazers, business, evening, wedding or tuxedo, vest with or without, Vardas exquisitely meetsevery sartorial need. The quality of their Italian fabrics “embraces” the final masterpiece, bringing forth elegance and a one-of-a-kind allure.
AS A PROPER GENT, YOU NEED YOUR INITIALS STITCHED ON YOUR SHIRT.
LOOK – WHERE TO BUY
Being the very first to enjoy the Vardas Made To Measure experience, I urge you to visit one of their boutiques from the last week of October. Call 211 6006906 for more information.
Trousers, 100% wool, yarn super 110’s, weight 280 gr, VITALE BARBERIS CANONICO fabric. Blazer, 100% virgin wool, yarn super 100’s, weight 325 gr, ANGELICO fabric.
Shirt, “Vardas Classic twill classic fit”- 70 super compact, with a simple cuff that can also fit a cufflink. http://www.vardas.gr/el/andras/ana-eidos/poukamisa
Loafers, Mauro Boanosuede tassel. http://www.vardas.gr/el/andras/ana-eidos/papoutsia.
Pocket square, Thomas Mason “Balmoral” 100%wool.
All available at selected Vardas boutiques, Golden Hall (Kifissias 37A Maroussi, 210 6803460), Psychico (Mesogeion Avenue 225, 210 6794700) and Kolonaki (24Herodotou street & P.Ioakim, 210 7297900)