Styling: Natasha Lionaki
Photographer: Panos Davios
Words by Eleni Papaioannou
If you are not the best-dressed guest at any formal get-together, you have not been following us.
Event season is upon us, and when we say “upon” we mean literally on our shoulders, as we are up our neck in invitations for openings, celebrations, anniversaries, weddings and cocktail parties. What do you wear when you want to honor your host and look your best without sacrificing your personal style in the shrine of somebody else’s big day?
· Be immaculate but not loud. Wear that favorite black suit of yours but opt for a simple white shirt with plain buttons, as cuff links make it far more official.
· Choose a wool number that will keep you warm, we live in a country where most of the venues have a lovely garden or terrace so you won’t want to miss out on all the cigarette break gossip!
SISTERM ARROW BY SWATCH MATCHES THE LIGHTNESS OF FUN WITH THE SERIOUSNESS OF FORMALITY.
· A simple gray tie is classic, chic and discreet. It will give you a lovely frame, especially if you have grown a stubble, plus it looks good in photographs, no matter what colors the people posing next to you are wearing!
· Your shoes can be a little extravagant _and by a little we mean maybe just made of patent leather…
· The scarf? Well, that’s your enter/exit piece, your detail of personal style that you have chosen not to be imposing on others, during the event, but here to make your statement while you greet your hosts or say goodbye to the party. It will leave a positive and lasting memory.
WHERE TO BUY
Fit Wool Suit, Wool Scarf and Leather Derby Shoes, all by Trussardi Jeans, Available at Tru Trussardi Boutiques.
Tie by The Bostonians, Available at The Bostonians, The Mall Athens.
Watch “SISTEM ARROW” by Swatch, Available at The Swatch Group Greece S.A. www.swatch.com