Photographer: D. Andrianopoulos
Styling: Natasa Lionaki
Words by Eleni Papaioannou
Rise and shine with a hefty dose of bright yellow to warm up your wardrobe like the rejuvenating sunrays of summer.
Science says there is nothing like some exposure to the warm sun to perk up the vitamin D stock in your body. And you know that vitamin D is the number one anti-depressant you can find. Yes, that is why summers are always happier times! So, if you want the happy effect to last all year round, sprinkle some yellow magic in your style and put on your smiley face (which, may we remind you, is yellow…)
- Chuck Taylor All Star Monochrome by Converce, Available at Collective Stores
- iphone Case by Saint Noir, Available at i-D Concept Stores
- Printed Swim Short by North Sails, Available at Shop & Trade
YELLOW FROM THE OTHER SIDE
·Limoncello, custard, mustard, acid yellow, warm ochre, any shade you choose is totally trending this season.
·Whether you decide to go for the total yellow look or you keep your sunbeams in control, splashing some color here or there, the charming effect is just the same.
·Try it on cotton or fleece but have in mind it looks best on tech materials that carry some luster.
·Match with other prime colors to create a very fashionable color block outfit.
·Its looks great with gray and black so brace yourself for some very exciting office looks.
·Don’t be afraid of strong, acidic shades of yellow. Paired the right way, the will give off the essence of coldness and strictness you might find very useful.
·If you are in your mid forties please hide away your snapshots from all the rave parties with the fluorescent yellow dress code. Or, on second thought, maybe not…
WHERE TO BUY
Polo Cotton Stretch Pique Fabric Shirt With Contrasting Trim and Bermuda Shorts, All By Massimo Dutti, Available at www.massimodutti.com
1. Watch “SOLLEORE” by Swatch, Available at The Swatch Group Greece S.A. www.swatch.com
2. “Trix” Hi-Top Leather Sneakers by Giuseppe Zanotti Design Available at www.luisaworld.com
3. Scented Candle 180g Summer Grapefruit by Compagnie de Provence, Available at i-D Concept Stores.
4. Conde Nast Traveler Photographs 25th Anniversary Collection, Available at i-D Concept Stores.
5. Hooded Nylon Waterproof “The Louis” Jacket by North Sails, Available at Shop & Trade.
6. Golden Fleece Slim Fit Performance Polo Shirt by Brooks Brothers, Available at www.brooksbrothers.com
7. Leather Belt by Hackett London, Available at Shop & Trade.
8. Cotton Chino Shorts by Calvin Klein Jeans, Available at Collective Stores.
9. Plain Swim Shorts by Gant, Available at Gant Stores.
10. Chuck Taylor All Star Monochrome by Converce, Available at Collective Stores
11. iphone Case by Saint Noir, Available at i-D Concept Stores.
12. Printed Swim Short by North Sails, Available at Shop & Trade.