Photos Panos Davios
Styling Sofia Tsakiri
Words By Eleni Papaioannou
Tan suits and straw hats are this season’s mantra.
The tan is back! Beige colored suits are the best outfit you can sport right now, since it is professional and casual, stylish and classic, serious and funky. As usual, the game is played in the details. You can wear your suit with sneakers and t-shirts, to create a holiday-style look for the weekend, or with a black shirt and accessories to make up an art-lover style that is ideal for afternoon events in the city center.
Here we went for the third way you can introduce it to your sartorial routine, as it is the one that needs the most attention, so as not to become a “uniform”. No, we don’t want that, we want uniqueness and authenticity, and this is how we achieve it:
· Go for a white shirt with a soft, narrow collar that embraces the tie. The smaller the width of the collar, the better.
· A knitted tie will give your outfit the colonial allure it needs to take it far beyond the city borders and into a summery vibe.
· Ah, the pants…how we love this short and narrow fit that gives any suit a boyish charm…When Steve McQueen introduced it so many years ago, he probably had no idea it would travel this far in fashion.
· Last year, two-tone shoes supported tan suits. This year they don’t need them anymore. A simple pair of classic, dark brown brogues is the best base for this look.
· The hat? Styling is all about character. If you got the chops, go right ahead and use it!
WHERE TO BUY
Cotton & Silk Suit by Don Hering, Cotton Shirt by Landini, Silk Knitted Tie and Pocket Square from Harri’s Wardrobe, Leather Brogues by Don Hering, all Available at Vardas Golden Hall.
Straw Hat by Hackett, Available at Shop&Trade.