Photos Lefteris Siarapis
Styling Vivian Rouvela
Words Eleni Papaioannou
Everything you need to know about this season’s hottest item and the versatile ways you can wear it.
Yes, shorts follow trends and yes, there is a way to choose the one that best suits your style, the occasion and the attitude you wish to exude. But what is hot in 2017 and how do you wear your shorts without feeling like a 15 year old on holidays?
· If you are the business type and you don’t want to let go of your preppy attitude, try on a pair of tailored, short dress pants and combine it with a roll-sleeved shirt. Wear them as your city shorts and play around with prints such as pin stripes and squares.
· Instead of cutting up your sweatpants, buy a pair of sweat shorts in vibrant colors that can easily be worn even outside the gym.
· If you don’t already own one, go out and buy a pair of weekend shorts. Choose between denim, cargos and army shorts and let them match your old college shirts or the ones you have collected through the years from festivals and concerts that have marked your life.
· For a weekday casual meeting, try the monochromatic style, matching the color of your shorts to your shirt. A pair of vintage styled sneakers will be the perfect final note.
· Play the all-American game by combining chino shorts with light pale shirts and a fresh haircut.
· Follow the minimalistic styles of the Japanese masters and choose oversized shorts and shirts in dark, earthy colors such as brown, gray and olive green.
OUR BEST PICKS AND WHERE TO BUY THEM
1. (from left to right). Bermuda shorts in light blue by Ted Baker, available at Attica The Department Store
Stripped bermuda shorts by Brooks Brothers, available at Brooks Brothers Boutique
Blue Bermuda shorts with palm tree print by Tommy Hilfiger, available at Attica The Department Store
pale blue Bermuda shorts by Scotch & Soda, available at Attica The Department Store
Square print bermuda shorts by Lacoste, available at Lacoste Boutique
Shoes by Hackett, available at Attica The Department Store
Sunglasses by Barton Perreira, available at Tartaras
2. Bermuda shorts by Gant, available at Gant Boutique
3. Bermuda shorts by Tommy Hilfiger, available at Attica The Department Store
4. Bermuda shorts by Diesel, available at Diesel Boutique
5. Bermuda shorts by Brooks Brothers, available at Brooks Brothers Boutique
6. Bermuda shorts by Scotch & Soda, available at Attica The Department Store
7. Bermuda shorts by Ted Baker, available at Attica The Department Store
8. Bermuda shorts by Lacoste, available at Lacoste Boutique
9. Bermuda shorts by Brooks Brothers, available at Brooks Brothers Boutique