Styling Sofia Tsakiri
Photos Panos Davios
Words Eleni Papaioannou
Invest in the Ivy League side of your style for perfect afternoon affairs.
This summer simply adores the attitude found in old college movies, where the main characters roam around in open top Cadillacs, hanging out in diners and drive-in cinemas in their short, straight-legged capris and bold colored sweaters. The style that made heartthrobs out of stars like Dennis Hopper, Ron Howard (especially in American Graffiti), James Dean and even Tom Cruise was one of the main themes in the fashion shows for Spring/Summer 2017. Decode it, follow at least two of its rules and create your own, contemporary version, like we did right here:
· A big must is the short trousers. They should always stop right over the ankle and never, ever above it or you will look like Pee Wee Herman.
· Your sneakers need to be one or at the most two toned. Wearing high tech modern day trainers sets you right off the track of this look and, trust us, they will not look cool at all!
· To be on the safe side, bet on remakes of old classics or beautifully made canvas numbers like this pair from Brooks Brothers.
· Yes, the shirt is a necessary ingredient of this delicious recipe. Choose a silk, quiet one that will keep you fresh in the heat.
· Bold colors are very important. Find out the one that suits your attitude and complexion and just go for it. Remember not to be afraid of experimenting. We never thought, for example, that this bright orange would work but boy, has it made this outfit unique!
OUTFIT, WHERE TO BUY
Orange Merino 3-D Knit Sweater Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece, 100% Silk Shirt, Striped Cotton Trousers Brooks Brothers Red Fleece And Beige Canvas Sneakers Brooks Brothers Red Fleece All By Brooks Brothers Available at Brooks Brothers Boutiques.
Βrooks Brothers Boutiques:
Stadiou 4 & Amerikis Str, City Link.
Attica:Panepistimiou 9 Str.
Golden Hall /Attica Golden Hall: Kifisias Avenue 37A, Marousi.