WORKING UP A SWEATER
WORKING UP A SWEATER
Photographer Panos Davios
Styling Harris Davlas
Words by Eleni Papaioannou
With this post we urge you to go that extra mile and invest in a summer sweater. It will pay off, believe us.
What did you normally do on those summer days on the Cyclades when the chill of the meltemi breeze made you want to cover up? We know, you carried with you a long sleeved sweatshirt that you had been wearing since winter, right? But there is a reason that brands have different long sleeved shirts on their summer collections. And that is because no two seasons are the same. You don’t wear the same trousers during winter and summer, so why should you wear the same sweats?
·Summer sweats are much lighter, their threading is wider and their material is much more breathable.
·You will also notice some differences in their tailoring. Summer sweatshirts are a bit roomier around the shoulders and arms, and their finishings are much less tight than those on winter sweats.
·Wear a light colored sweat with similarly colored grandpa shorts. So relaxed and sexy…
·This particular look is ideal for your vacay, and also for those lazy Sumer Sundays up ahead.
THIS LACOSTE COLOR BLOCK NUMBER IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR A CLASSIC, SUMMER SWEATER THAT WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME.
·For a more formal outfit, go with this color blocking combination we have for you here. ·In this outfit, the colors are specific and the fabrics are a little crisper so they can stay in position all day long. This makes it ideal for a “cocktails by the pool” invitation or a semi-professional brunch. ·Our “no socks” rule applies here, big time. If you wore them, the whole look would turn out wintery, wouldn’t it? ·Remember that we live in a country of almost – endless summers. So, buying a nice summer sweater will take you well into October.
WHERE TO BUY
– Cotton Racquet Crewneck Sweatshirt & Cotton tote bag by GANT, Available at GANT stores
– Grandpa shorts by GANT Rugger, Available GANT stores
– Watch “POPMOVING” by Swatch, Available at The Swatch Group Greece S.A. www.swatch.com
– Fleece color block crew neck sweatshirt & classic fit solid Bermuda shorts by Lacoste, Available at Lacoste stores
– Sunglasses Hey Macarena by Le Specs, Available at Ralph’s Diner and DK frames, 21 5505 3603
– Watch “SILVERCAPE” by Swatch, Available at The Swatch Group Greece S.A. www.swatch.com
– Leather slip-ons By Lacoste, Available at SAGIAKOS www.sagiakos.gr